ICWA Motor Injury Claims

Being involved in an MVA is unsettling, regardless of the severity of your injuries. At Unlucky understand the burden an unwanted injury can have on yourself, your family, and your finances. We also understand the importance of resolving motor injury claims as soon as possible, so that plaintiffs can put their accident behind them and get on with the rest of their lives.

If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident that was somebody else’s fault, you may be entitled to make an ICWA claim. You may also be eligible if you have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries, regardless of fault.

At Unlucky, we handle most types of ICWA claims on a no win no fee basis including general motor vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, public transport and car accident injury claims.

What can you claim?

If you were injured in an accident then you may be able to claim the following:

Finacial compensation

Finacial compensation is designed to help restore a plaintiff back to their former self as much as possible. It can never take away the injury and the shock, but it can help cover the costs associated with your injury, allowing you to gain the treatment you need to recover. This includes:

  • Compensation for the Inability to Work 
  • Pain and Suffering 

Depending on your individual circumstances, besides monetary compensation you may be entitled to claim for the following:

Medical treatment and support

  • Ambulance costs
  • Hospital Services
  • Medical Services
  • X-Rays
  • Prescription Medication
  • Dental Services
  • Rehabilitation Services

Aftercare services

  • Home Care
  • Medical Aids
  • Therapy Services
  • Household Support Services
  • Mobility Equipment


  • Travel
  • Unpaid care from a family member or friend

Unlucky has ICWA lawyers who can give you impartial advice on your situation and let you know if you are eligible to claim under a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement. Call us for a confidential and no-obligation chat for advice and understanding.

How To start your ICWA claim

The best way to start your claim is to give us a call however, you can also start your accident compensation claim online, just enter your details into our secure online claim form.

Some of the information we will need includes:

  1. Your name and contact details for communication purposes
  2. When the accident happened or when you first noticed there was something wrong
  3. Where the accident took place
  4. Did you visit your GP or go to the hospital
  5. A police report if there is one
  6. Details about the driver or entity you think are responsible for your accident
  7. Evidence or names of any witnesses you believe could support your claim

Don’t worry if you don’t have all this information to hand when you call us because we will help you obtain it if need be.

Once we Have These Details we will:

  1. Find out whether or not you are eligible for compensation
  2. Arrange for independent medical reports to support your claim
  3. Evaluate if you need further medical treatment or rehabilitation
  4. Let you know how long your claim will take and how much your compensation claim could be worth
  5. Keep you informed through every step of the process
  6. Answer your phone calls promptly.
  7. Match you with the right lawyer for your case so you get every bit of compensation you deserve.

What Happens Next?

  1.  Your lawyer will notify the other party with the details of your claim which will either be accepted or rejected. If your claim is rejected, your lawyer will continue to work to prove your claim.
  2. Negotiations with the third will begin until an offer is made. If an offer is made, you will need to decide if the offer is sufficient or not. If you are unsure you can always ask your lawyer.
  3. Your case should be settled without going to court, however, if your claim cannot be settled out of court, your lawyer will guide you through the litigation process.
  4. The last part of the process is where you either accept an offer from the other party or it’s awarded by a Judge.

Our Lawyers will complete most of the paperwork on your behalf, but we may ask you from time to time to check and sign any relevant paperwork.

What’s involved in making an ICWA claim?

The first step is to get in contact with our legal advisors to find out if you have a case. You will know by the end of the call if you do. If you decide to proceed, we put you through to one of our specialist motor vehicle accident lawyers. They’ll also give you some free advice and a consultation on how they can help you, and let you know if you can make a claim. Your lawyer will handle all the contact with ICWA and keep you up-to-date throughout your claim. They’ll also be happy to answer any questions you may have as your claim progresses.